San Francisco: US based search engine giant Google has finally started rolling out the dark mode update for its Play Store, after the release of Android 10. With the new update all apps on the Play Store are set to gradually get a dark mode of their own. A black-themed Play Store is being rolled out on Pixel handsets at present. The new design only seems to be available for a few users so far, but would be rolling out globally very soon, news portal Tech Radar reported on Thursday. Also Read – Swiggy now in 500 Indian cities, targets 100 more this year In addition, Gmail app has already started receiving the dark mode update and is said to be available with version 2019.08.18.267044774, which is currently available on Play Store. With Android 10’s system-wide dark mode, not only do Google’s own apps cross over to the dark side, but other third-party apps that have the feature also go dark. Prominent third-party apps with a dark mode include Pocket, Amazon Kindle and Gboard. Google has published the Android 10 OTA update files for all Pixel smartphones. One can check for new updates via Settings > System > System updates.
- McGregor must get rough and creative to upset Mayweather
Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Floyd Mayweather presents an entirely different challenge when McGregor steps in the Vegas ring Saturday night. In his professional boxing debut, McGregor must figure out how to beat Mayweather at his own game — something the best boxers in the world have never done.McGregor is a massive underdog, and deservedly so. But stop pretending the improbable doesn’t happen in combat sports, particularly when the self-proclaimed Mystic Mac is involved.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingTo declare McGregor can’t possibly win this fight displays more arrogance than, say, spending every night at a strip club the week beforehand, as Mayweather is currently doing.Of course the hard-hitting Irishman has a chance — and there are several tactics he could employ to pull the biggest upset in boxing history. Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters He throws hundreds of punches from every angle with the goal of setting up the vicious left hand that has turned out the lights on MMA opponents.And if none of that is successful, McGregor could bend the Marquess of Queensberry rules to their breaking point in hopes of goading Mayweather into a brawl.None of it is guaranteed to work. But it’s definitely worth a shot.Looking back at Mayweather’s history is a daunting task, given his 49-0 record, but it contains clues for tactics that could magnify McGregor’s chances.For instance, McGregor could amplify the strategy used by Marcos Maidana and Jose Luis Castillo. Both boxers pressed Mayweather constantly, using roughhouse tactics on the border of legality, and bombarded Mayweather with punches, many from unorthodox angles.Mayweather won both fights, but definitely looked uncomfortable for long stretches. McGregor doesn’t have the hand speed of those professional boxers, but he should strive to emulate their urgency.He should also attempt to show Mayweather things he’s never seen before in the ring, and his decision not to hire a boxing trainer for the bout might actually help in that regard. The UFC star should switch stances and try just about any punch, including the looping overhand shots rarely seen in high-level boxing matches because they’re easily countered, but common in MMA bouts because of the distance they create from the opponent.If McGregor gets hit, so be it. Every punch absorbed is the price for a chance to reply.McGregor believes Mayweather made a mistake by agreeing to fight in 8-ounce gloves instead of the typical 10-ounce pillows, but he shouldn’t rely solely on the unicorn one-punch knockout. While McGregor has definite power, only the biggest Mac homer would think it’s something Mayweather hasn’t seen from boxers — and Mayweather has shown a solid chin and excellent recovery skills on the few occasions he has been hit.Instead, the key is to use that energy to get in a good position to unload the left hand or a combination through Mayweather’s shifty defense. McGregor could repeatedly tie up Mayweather and attempt to land shots in the clinch. View comments MOST READ Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ LATEST STORIES “The people who don’t believe it don’t know anything about fighting,” said UFC President Dana White, who admittedly has a slight bias here. “This isn’t going to be a boxing match. This is going to be a fight.”It’s also a fight between a 29-year-old southpaw in his prime and a 40 1/2-year-old veteran who hasn’t fought in nearly two years and doesn’t particularly want to be here, as he acknowledged repeatedly Wednesday. Mayweather isn’t the fighter he once was, and his competitive fire is dwarfed by his need for the mammoth paycheck from this endeavor.But how does an MMA fighter with no competitive boxing experience since childhood take on a 21-year pro veteran with world championships in five divisions and arguably the most brilliant defensive skills in the history of the sport?He gets in Mayweather’s face, both before and during the fight.He charges forward from the opening bell and forces Mayweather to think defensively all night.ADVERTISEMENT These things could all unsettle Mayweather, who typically doesn’t face trouble unless he takes a voluntary risk by moving into dangerous areas to throw combinations, or getting angry and brawling a bit.And therein is another potential route for McGregor. Call it the Aldo Strategy: If he can get Mayweather feeling both confident and angry, there’s a chance Mayweather will let down his defense enough to attempt to finish McGregor in brute style — and maybe McGregor will have an opening.Mayweather hasn’t seemed interested in McGregor’s typical trash talk during the buildup to the fight, but perhaps he could waver the champion’s focus with the wrong word, an errant elbow or a rabbit punch behind the head — enough to draw a warning, but not lose a point.McGregor amplified his boasts this week, calling Mayweather “a broken man” and vowing to finish him within two rounds. Nobody knows whether McGregor actually believes his bluster, but the Irishman has defiantly vowed he will win.It’s not probable. But with McGregor, anything is possible.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Conor McGregor speaks during news conference Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017, in Las Vegas. McGregor is scheduled to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a boxing match Saturday in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)LAS VEGAS (AP) — Just 20 months ago, a former plumber from Dublin fought a fearsome superstar who hadn’t lost in a decade. Conor McGregor talked his way into a big-money showdown, but he had to back up his boasts against Jose Aldo, one of the greatest fighters in his sport.McGregor finished the UFC featherweight champion in 13 seconds with one devastating left hand.ADVERTISEMENT NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Biggest Pogo service provider padlocked for tax evasion Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Big money bets roll in late on Floyd Mayweather
- Hero Challenge to feature in three European events
New Delhi, Apr 19 (PTI) Hero Challenge, an innovative golf format which features a sudden-death shoot-out under floodlights, will now be part of three European Tour events for the next three years. The night golf event, introduced by Hero MotoCorp Ltd, made its debut at last year?s British Masters with Frenchman Alex Levy pipping Sweden?s Alex Noren in the final. The Hero Challenge will mark its return this year with three editions, first at the Scottish Open before returning to the British Masters and then finishing at the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. One of the stars already committed to playing is former World Number One and Ryder Cup legend Lee Westwood, who will compete in the Hero Challenge during the British Masters. “We all recognise that golf needs a lot more of innovation to attract a younger and newer generation of fans and the Hero Challenge is an initiative in that direction,” Pawan Munjal, CMD and CEO of Hero MotoCorp, said in a release. “We introduced the ?Hero Challenge? at the British Masters last year, which proved to be an immense success. That success has encouraged us to extend and expand our partnership with the European Tour by another three years to multiple events,” he said. Keith Pelley, Chief Executive Officer of the European Tour said, “The inaugural Hero Challenge was a terrific success at the British Masters last year and led the way in terms of innovative concepts for ourselves at the European Tour. I am sure that the golf fans in Scotland, England and Dubai will thoroughly enjoy watching their favourite stars in action in this exciting format.” Westwood said he watched last year?s event and it looked a lot of fun. “It is always good to try something different and something like the Hero Challenge, which also encourages kids and younger people to get into our sport should be encouraged,” said the 23-time European Tour champion. PTI AT ATadvertisement