“Petronas needs to secure consensus on key principles vital to the success of this project by the end of October,” the company said in a statement. “Missing this date will have the impact of having to defer our investments until the next LNG marketing window, anticipated in 10-15 years.”Within that written statement, Petronas points to marginal economic benefits projected for the plant coupled with concerns that when a tax arrangement is drafted, it won’t be favourable to the company.Premier Christy Clark went on record last week to say she’s “very confident” the province will reach a deal with Petronas, as they continue to negotiate details with the short-listed companies and expects a final draft to be released later in the month.- Advertisement -Petronas says a major concern for them is high construction cost within northern B.C. and wants to make a final decision on the project by mid-December.Read the entire Reuters article here.With files from ReutersAdvertisement
- Derek Jeter’s group closes on purchase of Miami Marlins
Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson DAY6 is for everybody Derek Jeter, right, stands outside of a suite after a baseball game between the Miami Marlins and the Atlanta Braves, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017, at Marlins Park in Miami. Major league owners unanimously approved the sale of the Marlins on Wednesday to an investment group led by Jeter and Bruce Sherman. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)MIAMI — Derek Jeter’s group closed on its purchase of the Miami Marlins on Monday, and he and new controlling owner Bruce Sherman will speak publicly for the first time about the deal at a news conference Tuesday.Major league owners last week unanimously approved the $1.2 billion sale of the franchise by Jeffrey Loria to the investment group led by Jeter and Sherman. The closing came one day after the Marlins concluded their eighth consecutive losing season, the longest streak in the majors.ADVERTISEMENT Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide LATEST STORIES Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ MOST READ Irving, Hayward make preseason debuts in Celtics’ victory Among issues to be addressed by the new owners will be the future of major league home run and RBI champion Giancarlo Stanton, whose salary will nearly double next year to $25 million next year, which could make him unaffordable for the revenue-challenged franchise.Also in question are the status of manager Don Mattingly and president of baseball operations Michael Hill.Loria became widely unpopular because of his frugal ownership. He bought the franchise for $158.5 million in 2002 from John Henry, part of the current Boston Red Sox ownership group.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogJeter, who played on five World Series champions with the New York Yankees, will head baseball and business operations for a team that hasn’t been to the playoffs since 2003. He has about a 4 percent stake in the ownership group.Sherman has the highest equity stake at about 46 percent. The venture capitalist spent much of his financial career in New York and has a home in Naples, Florida. Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next How to help the Taal evacuees
- OPR investigated, found no evidence against Joint Services back in 2008
Lindo Creek CoI hears– ballistics tests were conducted on Police, Army firearmsThe Commission of Inquiry (CoI) into the Lindo Creek massacre heard on Tuesday that while the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) conducted an investigation into possible links with Joint Services and the killings, it turned up no evidence implicating them.Taking the witness stand was head of the OPR, retired Assistant Commissioner Heeralall Mackanlall. At the time of the tragedy, Mackanlall was the Deputy Head of the office and he related that back in 2008, he investigated the massacre upon request from late former Police Commissioner Henry Greene.Head of the OPR, retired Assistant Commissioner Heeralall MackanlallMackanlall travelled to the area and met with ranks from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and the E (Linden-Kwakwani) and F (Interior locations) Divisions. He informed the Commission that he and his team were unable to find camps in the area that could provide eyewitness accounts.At the end of his two-week investigation, the veteran officer noted that they were ultimately unable to find evidence against the Joint Services. At the same time, it was determined that a Police, Army and Special Forces team was in the general Lindo Creek area; one which was investigated.“If you haven’t got all the names, can you remember any of the names, at all?” Chairman of the Commission, retired Justice Donald Trotman asked. Mackanlall then proceeded to list the names of the commanding officers he did remember from the Joint Services team.“Seenarine, who is now a Superintendent, I think he was in charge of the Police team. Lieutenant Woolford was in charge of the [Guyana Defence Force] GDF team, that’s on the Joint Services. And I think Captain Soovenir was in charge of the GDF special force. I can’t say what their rank is now or if they retired. I think Seenarine is still a serving member.”The officer further related that ballistics samples were taken of the team’s weapons by Jamaican and local experts. However, the Force did not recover spent shells from the scene of the massacre. In addition, time had rendered tests for gunshot residue untenable.The fact that proper records were not maintained by the OPR after investigating the massacre was a sore point with Trotman. While on the stand, Mackanlall admitted that he only made a cursory note of the names of these ranks in a ‘scratch pad’ and did not transfer the data to a more permanent form when he returned.Sometime between June 12, 2008 and June 24, 2008, miners Cecil Arokium, Dax Arokium, Compton Speirs, Horace Drakes, Clifton Wong, Lancelot Lee, Bonny Harry and Nigel Torres were shot and killed, and their bodies burnt at the Upper Berbice River mining camp, which was being operated by Leonard Arokium.The Lindo Creek CoI is the first of what the coalition Government has said would be a series of inquiries into the hundreds of killings, which occurred during a crime wave that began in 2002. Justice Trotman in a recent televised interview however said the 10-year time lapse is proving to be a disadvantage as the Commission does its work, especially since some of the key persons involved have either died or emigrated. Nevertheless, the public hearings continue on April 4.