FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:Vietnam’s state oil firm PetroVietnam is seeking to venture into renewable energy sources like wind farms and floating solar panels, as domestic crude oil production has peaked at most of its offshore oil fields.The company, formally known as Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, is targeting 100 megawatts (MW) of renewable capacity by 2025 and 900 MW by 2035, it told Reuters on Wednesday.“Fossil fuels are shrinking and, therefore, developing renewable energy is inevitable,” PetroVietnam said in an email in response to Reuters questions.PetroVietnam said it would initially build floating solar panels at some of its hydropower dams and install rooftop solar panels at its existing coal-fired power plants. It will later seek investment from foreign and domestic investors to develop solar and wind farms and waste-to-power plants throughout the country, it added.According to the Ministry of Industry, the total installed capacity of Vietnam’s wind and solar power plants has risen strongly over the recent years to 5,500 MW.Vietnam said it will more than double its power generation capacity over the next decade to 125-130 gigawatts and raise the proportion of renewable energy to 20% by 2030, from the current of around 10%.. [Khanh Vu]More: PetroVietnam to invest in renewables amid shrinking crude oil production Vietnam’s state-run oil company looks for growth developing solar and wind projects
This system includes products of those manufacturers who come from the area of Lika, which includes Lika-Senj, Karlovac and Zadar counties, which are health tested and whose production has a foothold in the tradition that gives products special value and guarantees quality to the customer. The joint point of sale of Lika Quality products has been formed for the third year in a row by the Lika Destination Cluster in cooperation with the Plitvice Lakes National Park and the Lika Coop Agricultural Cooperative. It is a big thing both for the placement of domestic products from local family farms as well as for the branding of Lika, because the Plitvice Lakes National Park is a “magnet” for all tourists. Aware of the quality of food grown or processed in a true ecological oasis such as the Lika destination, the Lika Destination Cluster in 2017 began implementing a unique quality system of food, beverages and souvenirs Lika Quality. Great action and promotion of the whole Lika and their attractions directed by the Lika Destination Cluster. So far, the joint point of sale of Lika Quality products has been formed at the entrance 2 of the Plitvice Lakes National Park, and this year it was formed at the entrance 1. In addition, Lika Quality groceries can be tasted in the park restaurants and purchased in souvenir shops and stores. In the Plitvice Lakes National Park at the entrance 1, the opening of the joint point of sale of Lika Quality products was solemnly marked. Apart from the fact that in this way small local producers from the area of Lika are included in the tourist offer and a new market is opened to them, this is an ideal opportunity to enable all visitors to Plitvice Lakes National Park to taste and buy local products and Lika brand as a top gastro destination. Producers in Lika have been increasingly focused on organic production in the last few years, and most of their products are still produced according to traditional recipes and methods, just as they used to be. Find out more about this action in the attachment. COMMON TICKET DESTINATION TICKET INCLUDES 8 ATTRACTIONS IN LIKA In addition to purchasing a ticket for the Plitvice Lakes National Park, visitors will also receive vouchers for free entry to eight protected areas “Lika destinacije”, which will give visitors a cost of 630 kuna instead of 350 kuna for all tickets. It is currently in the system 57 manufacturers with 160 products which are divided into the following categories (honey, meat and meat products, milk and dairy products, bakery products, beverages and beverages, vegetables, wild herbs, cosmetics, souvenirs, fruits and fruit products). COMMON TICKET DESTINATION TICKET INCLUDES 8 ATTRACTIONS IN LIKA
The 7th grade girls’ basketball team couldn’t overcome a slow start and poor shooting falling to Sunman Dearborn Middle School by the score 32-18.Macy Prickel led the team in scoring with 11 points. Liz Heidlage chipped in with 4 points, Carlie Werner added 2 points, and Ellie Cassidy hit a free throw to round out the scoring.The team travels to Greensburg on Thursday, February 26th to face the Greensburg Bucs.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Shelly Prickel.The BMS 8th grade girls’ basketball team lost to Sunman Dearborn by a score of 55 to 14.Hattie Westerfeld scored 6 points, Ellie Waechter 5 points, Stephanie Nobbe 2 points and Kendall Dickman added 1 point.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Thomas Barnett.
Arsene Wenger is braced for gloomy news as Arsenal await a specialist’s verdict on the tibia injury that could leave Olivier Giroud facing a significant spell on the sidelines. Giroud has been ruled out of Wednesday night’s Champions League qualifier against Besiktas with the shin problem sustained in Saturday’s draw with Everton. It is feared the 27-year-old could be absent for two to three months, robbing Arsenal of their first choice striker just three games into the season. Press Association Summer signing Alexis Sanchez could operate as the lone striker against Besiktas, although doubts have been raised over his ability to perform the role. Sanchez was replaced at half-time at Goodison following an ineffective 45 minutes as the focal point of Arsenal’s attack, but Wenger is convinced he can operate as more than a winger. “You do not convict a player on one half. It was not all bad what he did, there was some quality in what he did,” Wenger said. “It was just that on the day we needed more physical presence. When you’re 2-0 down you don’t play counter attack.” Yaya Sanogo, Lukas Podolski and Joel Campbell are also options, although it is Sanogo, who missed out against Everton because of a hamstring injury, who is most likely to start. Wenger, who ruled out Podolski leaving in the transfer window, is confident he has the options to cover for Giroud’s absence in the second leg of the qualifier at the Emirates Stadium. “Yes of course, why should I not have that confidence?” Wenger said. “Nobody can image that when one player is missing, no matter how big the player is, the team can’t win a game any more.” Arsenal are seeking a 17th successive season in the lucrative group stage of the Champions League, but Wenger insists it would not be a financial disaster should they fail to qualify. The first leg finished in a goalless draw in Istanbul. “It will affect us because we’ll have less income, but it will not affect our balance sheet in a dramatic way because we can survive without that,” Wenger said. “We want to be in the Champions League because we want to play top level football. “Financially we’ve always adapted. When we had small resources, we always adapted to having small resources.” “On Sunday he had a medical check and he needed to have further investigations,” said Wenger, who revealed an announcement will be made over his fitness on Wednesday afternoon or evening. “The first news wasn’t fantastic, but I’m not a doctor so I wait for tomorrow’s (Wednesday’s) complete examination and decision over how long he’ll be out for. “It can be (long term), we’ll see. I don’t know (if it’s broken). It’s sad for us, but for the moment we are focused on the game.” Wenger may be forced into the transfer market in search of a replacement if Giroud is missing for any length of time. The Frenchman, however, refuses to panic buy before the window closes on Monday. “We have plenty of players at centre forward. In England as soon as you have a problem, people want you to buy,” he said. “Unfortunately, I can give you some clubs that every time they lose a game they say they might need to buy more. “We are 24 hours from a big game and our focus is more on that than the transfer window. “I’ve learnt one thing in our job – you say nothing categorically.”
Vice President Pence is making a surprise visit to US troops in Iraq.Pence arrived on the unannounced trip Saturday to meet with American troops ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.Pool reporters traveling with the Vice President said he visited the airbase in western Iraq as well as also spoke with Iraq’s prime minister by phone.On the call, Pence told Mahdi that he traveled to Iraq in part to “extend gratitude” to the men and women of the US military serving in your country, according to the TV travel pool with the vice president.Vice President Pence then delivered remarks to about 150 service members in a hanger. “The President and your Vice President and the American people are behind you 100%,” Pence said, according to the TV travel pool.Pence told the service members that the Trump administration was “fighting to secure another pay raise for the men and women in the military,” but added “we need Congress to do their jobs,” the TV travel pool reported.“Congress should have finished their work months ago, but you know that partisan politics and endless investigations have slowed things down,” Pence said, according to the pool.He was reportedly referring to the House impeachment proceedings into President Donald Trump and Ukraine.Pence also visited the Iraqi city of Erbil, where some US special operations forces have routinely been based.According to reports, he also met with the President of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Nechirvan Barzani, during that visit.“On behalf of President Trump, I also welcome the opportunity to reiterate the strong bonds forged in the fires of war between people of the United States and Kurdish people across this region,” Pence said during his meeting with Barzani, according to the pool report.Pence’s visit comes over a month after the US announced the withdrawal of US forces out of northern Syria, where America was fighting alongside Kurds in the region.However, after severe backlash from lawmakers, including GOP officials, the Trump administration opted to keep some troops in Syria.President Trump visited troops at the same US Air Force base around Christmas time last year.It was the first trip Trump made to a war zone as President.
NEW ZEALAND 1st innings 582 for 4 decl. (T. Latham 136, R. Taylor 124 n.o., K. Williamson 113, M. Guptill 87, B. Watling 83 n.o)ZIMBABWE 1st innings (overnight 55-0)T. Mawoyo b Southee 26C. Chibhabha c Williamson b Santner 60S. Raza c Williamson b Wagner 3C. Ervine not out 115P. Masvaure b Santner 2S. Williams lbw b Sodhi 16P. Moorc Guptill b Sodhi 71G. Cremer not out 2Extras: (b-8, lb-2) 10Total: (for 6 wickets, 120 overs) 305Fall of wickets: 1-65, 2-83, 3-107, 4-115, 5-147, 6-295.Bowling: T. Southee 24-12-64-1, T. Boult 21-10-37-0, M. Santner 31-5-102-2 N. Wagner 25 -7-51-1, I. Sodhi 18-8-41-2, M. Guptill 1-1-0-0. (REUTERS) – Craig Ervine scored a maiden Test century to help Zimbabwe hold up New Zealand’s victory charge on day three of the second Test and steer the home side to 305 for six in their first innings by stumps yesterday.The featherbed pitch at the Queens Sports Club is a batsman’s paradise with just 10 wickets failing in 270 overs in the game so far to see Zimbabwe close in on the visitors’ first-innings score of 582 for four declared.Ervine took advantage of the conditions to crash an unbeaten 115 after forming a 148-run sixth-wicket partnership with debutant Peter Moor (71).He will be joined today by captain Graeme Cremer (two not out) as the home side look to avoid the follow-on, needing 78 more runs to make New Zealand bat again.Zimbabwe started the day on 55 without loss and it took until the end of the 36th over of their innings for the tourists to make a breakthrough as Tim Southee bowled opener Tino Mawoyo (26) off the inside edge.It brought to an end the fifth-longest opening stand in terms of overs bowled in Zimbabwe’s Test history.Sikandar Raza (three) steered Neil Wagner to Kane Williamson at gully, before the latter dived full-stretch at short cover to dismiss Chamu Chibhabha (60) with a stunning catch off spinner Mitchell Santner.Zimbabwe were teetering when Santner bowled Prince Masvaure (two) and Ish Sodhi trapped Sean Williams (16) leg-before-wicket to reduce the hosts to 147 for five.Ervine and Moor embarked on a patient rebuild of the innings, with the latter undoing some of his good work when he fell late in the day to a reckless shot as he pulled a poor delivery from Sodhi straight to Martin Guptill at midwicket.New Zealand lead the two-match series 1-0 after an innings and 117-run victory in the first Test at the same venue.
Following two losses by a combined 78 points, Syracuse will host Western Michigan in the Carrier Dome on Saturday at noon. While the Orange limp into the Week 4 matchup having scored a combined 26 points in their last eight quarters of play, Western Michigan comes to Syracuse following a 57-10 win over Georgia State.Here’s what to know about the Broncos.All-time series: Syracuse leads 1-0Last time they played: Syracuse defeated Western Michigan 55-42 in its 2018 season opener in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Orange jumped out to a 24-point lead in the second quarter and then-backup Tommy DeVito entered the game for Syracuse. The Orange offense stalled in that third frame while the Broncos offense racked up 336 yards and 28 points. Late in the third quarter, Eric Dungey returned to quarterback and finished the game with 200 yards rushing as the Orange hung on to their lead and escaped the season opener unscathed.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Western Michigan report: The Broncos are coached by former Syracuse offensive coordinator Tim Lester, who’s entering his second season at the helm of Western Michigan.Similar to Syracuse, Western Michigan lacks a quality Power Five victory through two games. The Broncos’ lone loss came in a 51-17 drubbing at Michigan State.In Western Michigan’s most recent win, the Broncos rushed for 450 yards on Georgia State, including 192 yards and three touchdowns from senior running back Levante Bellamy.The Broncos running back is one of several key players in the Western Michigan offense that returns from last year. Quarterback Jon Wassink, who threw for 379 yards three touchdowns and two interceptions in last year’s game is also back, along with D’Wayne Eskridge. Last year, Eskridge dominated Syracuse with 240 receiving yards and two touchdowns.Normally, that’d be a daunting sight for Syracuse entering Saturday’s matchup. But through three games this year, Eskridge has played most of his snaps at defensive back, not receiver and has caught just one pass in 2019.Opponents have gained nearly equal yards on the ground and through the air against Western Michigan. Having played three games against struggling offenses, it’s tough to evaluate the Broncos defense too closely. Though it’s worth noting they allowed 51 points to a Michigan State offense that’s become a national college football punchline.How Syracuse beats Western Michigan: The arrival of Syracuse’s offense. Last week, Syracuse’s defense did its job against No. 1 Clemson but its efforts received no help. At points last week, Syracuse’s offense appeared to have life, particularly on a drive which featured to back-to-back passes to Moe Neal out of an empty backfield set. Look for the Orange to establish their run game for the first time since Week 1 and find consistency keeping drives moving if the game’s going to end in an SU victory.Stat to know: 100%.Western Michigan’s offense has gone for it on fourth down five times this season and converted all of them. A key to Syracuse winning on Saturday will be getting up early and not allowing second-chance opportunities. With a struggling offense, it’ll be crucial for the Orange to get off the field early.Player to watch: D’Wayne Eskridge, No. 7As previously mentioned, Eskridge carved up the Syracuse defense a season ago for 240 receiving yards and two touchdowns. In Tim Lester’s return the Carrier Dome, it’s fair to assume he’ll want to try some different things in hopes of pulling off an upset. Was Lester holding Eskridge out of the offense for the first few weeks all part of a master plan? Watch out on Saturday and see what side of the ball No. 7’s playing. His explosive speed could be a game changer either way. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on September 18, 2019 at 11:40 pm Contact Josh: firstname.lastname@example.org | @Schafer_44
The extension of the current management team’s term was confirmed by the county board Chairman Patrick O’Sullivan last night.Donaghy says that Fitzmaurice will have good talent to work with for next year. Kerry lost out on All Ireland glory at the weekend when they were beaten by Dublin in the All Ireland Senior Football Final.
StumbleUpon UK Supreme Court rules against Phil Ivey’s £7.7 million ‘Edge Sorting’ Crockfords Mayfair dispute October 25, 2017 London communications agency Hadden Consulting has confirmed that poker legend Phil Ivey has been granted permission by the Supreme Court to appeal his overturned £7.8 million Punto Banco ‘edge-sorting’ dispute against Genting Casinos.Last November, Ivey who is considered the best poker player in the world lost his legal battle against Crockfords Club Mayfair (Genting Casinos), as the UK Court of Appeal ruled in favour of the casino operator.The Court of Appeal held that Ivey had knowingly used ‘edge-sorting’ skills to gain an unfair advantage on Crockfords. Under its house rules, the casino was therefore right not to pay Ivey his multi-million winnings, since Ivey was deemed to have played a ‘dishonest game’.Following the decision, Ivey’s representatives immediately detailed that the poker pro would take his case to the Supreme Court, the UK’s highest court of appeal for civil cases. Issuing a statement through Hadden Consulting, Ivey commented on the matter‘Last November’s Court of Appeal ruling made no sense to me. The original trial judge ruled that I was not dishonest and none of the three Appeal Court judges disagreed, and yet the decision went against me by a majority of 2 to 1. I am so pleased that the Supreme Court has granted me permission to fight for what I genuinely believe is the right thing to do in my circumstances, and for the entire gaming industry. I look forward to the Supreme Court reversing the decision against me.’Phil Ivey is represented by Richard Spearman QC and Max Mallin QC of Thirty Nine Essex Chambers and Wilberforce Chambers respectively and Matthew Dowd of Archerfield Partners LLP.Matthew Dowd stated: ‘Phil and his legal team are delighted that the Supreme Court judges have decided that the Court of Appeal’s decision should be reviewed. The Court of Appeal’s ruling left the interpretation of Section 42 of the Gambling Act totally unclear and the decision to grant permission to appeal demonstrates that the Supreme Court agrees with that view.’ Share Phil Ivey relaunches Crockfords ‘edge sorting’ trial with UK Supreme Court July 14, 2017 Johnson odds-on to become shortest-serving Prime Minister September 25, 2019 Related Articles Submit Share