Tag: 上海水磨论坛

first_imgCockhillGalway United 4-2 Cockhill CelticINISHOWEN’S Cockhill Celtic briefly threatened an upset as they took an early lead against Galway United at Eamonn Deacy Park but were eventually beaten 4-2.James Bradley opened the scoring after just four minutes with a 40-yard effort that flew over Ger Hanley into the United net. That lead lasted just 17 minutes as Andy O’Connell levelled matters before Ryan Connolly missed a penalty for the home side.But second-half strikes from Padraic Cunningham (2) and Gary Shanahan ensured it was Tommy Dunne’s side that progressed, with Mark Moran scoring a late consolation goal for the Donegal team. BRAVE COCKHILL CELTIC BEATEN IN EA SPORTS CUP was last modified: April 6th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cockhill CelticEA Sports CupGalwaylast_img read more

Read more

first_imgNewcastle captain Lascelles: Longstaff just what we neededby Freddie Taylor9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United captain Jamaal Lascelles says Matty Longstaff’s breakthrough is exactly what the club needed.The 19-year-old academy graduate had a debut to remember against Manchester United, scoring the winning goal in the 1-0 victory at St. James’ Park. “I’m buzzing for him since he’s come into the squad. Everything we do, he is up for it. He’s fit, he works hard and always gives extra,” Lascelles told Sky Sports News.”The hard work has recently paid off, he’s been thrown into the deep end like his brother.”What you do know is that he is a young Geordie lad who is going to roll his sleeves up and play with his heart.”Straight after the Leicester game we needed players to be like that, he was a prime example of what you can get from that. His goal got us the three points, I’m over the moon for him.””You see all these big teams signing players for millions of pounds from overseas and everywhere else, Matty was not long ago training down with the reserve team.”He’s just come up through the ranks and grabbed a first team spot with two hands.”He’s humble, a very nice genuine lad. It must mean the world to him.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read more

first_imgBURNABY, B.C. – The Independent Contractors and Businesses Association filed a petition in B.C. Supreme Court on Thursday to get an injunction that would put the upcoming provincial proportional representation referendum on hold.The ICBA said in a release today that its petition lays out arguments that the referendum process is legally flawed and violates the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. In the filing, the organization argues that the referendum that was announced by the NDP government last year is not consistent with the Referendum Act, which calls for “a clear statement of the majority of voters on whether to implement a well-defined and comprehensible new voting system, or to keep the existing electoral system.”The ICBA also argues that the referendum violates foundational constitutional principles, which require a binding referendum on matters of fundamental importance to be “endorsed by a clear majority on a clear question,” and that the referendum does not meet sections 2(b) and 3 of the Charter. “Whether people support proportional representation or not, the process set out by the Horgan Government was rushed, the questions are confusing and the rules restrict voters from getting the information they need to make an informed decision,” said ICBA president Chris Gardner. “On fundamental democratic issues like this, British Columbians have a constitutional right to a clear question, open debate, and as much information as possible.”One month ago, Attorney General David Eby announced the recommendations made in a report on the proposed referendum.  Then last week, the government announced the full list of regulations that the government said would govern the referendum.The list of regulations on the upcoming referendum, and the full 49-page Supreme Court petition by the ICBA can be found below.last_img read more

Read more

first_imgA manifesto is a 5 year vision for political parties and the road map for social and economic goals. When a vision suddenly misses its significant presence in the manifesto, after it was prominently inked in earlier case, it suggests that it loses its sheen to achieve the goal. In the 2014 BJP manifesto, FDI was heightened as the backbone for Make in India. A separate chapter on Foreign Investment was included. In 2019 manifesto, a feather touch was made on foreign investment. To this end, missing FDI significance in 2019 manifesto raised eyebrows of many. In 2014 manifesto, it chanted “FDI will be allowed wherever needed for job and asset creation…We should not remain a market for global industry. Rather, we should become a Global Manufacturing hub”. Also Read – A special kind of bondDuring BJP’s ruling, India received a gushing flow of cash from foreign investors. Not only this, there was a great leap in quality FDI flow. During 2017-18, more than one-fourth of FDI was flowed in computer software/ hardware and telecommunication, compared to one-sixth share in 2014-15. Given this paradigm shift in FDI, India made a dynamic shift in modern equipment manufacturing and development of services. Indeed, FDI contributed a lot in upgrading India’s manufacturing level to modern manufacturing. Today, more than 50 per cent of cellular mobile phones are manufactured in the country, against none in 2014 after Nokia shut down its shop in Chennai Also Read – Insider threat managementDuring the first four years of BJP government, its pro-foreign investment policy stoked FDI in the country. It spurred by over 45 per cent during the four years period – from US$ 31 billion in 2014-15 to US$45 billion in 2017-18. Besides gushing flow, FDI perked up India’s modern manufacturing level akin to Global Value Chain manufacturing. During 2016-17 and 2017-18, more than one-fourth of FDI flowed in computer software and hardware and telecommunications, such as manufacturing cellular mobile phones and communication equipment. One of the major roles of FDI for an emerging economy is balancing the trade deficit, particularly when the nation is swamped by heavy import of crude oil. India is hamstrung by widening trade deficit, mainly due to large dependence on crude oil. In addition to this, with Modi led BJP vowing for fast growth in digitisation, demand for electronics sky-rocketed. Eventually, it triggered imports of electronic items, given the lackluster development in the country. Electronic imports are the second biggest component in India’s total imports, after crude oil. China is the biggest supplier of electronic items to India, and hence, the major cause of widening trade deficit. In 2017-18, India’s trade deficit with China was highest. It accounted for 38 per cent of India’s total trade deficit. The main cause for this was oversupply of electronic items by China. Over 57 per cent of India’s total imports of electronic items came from China. Given this situation, the counter measure to reduce the trade deficit suggests that more and more Chinese investment should be lured in India, instead of anti-dumping measures. China is seen not a foe, but an opportunity after the US-China trade tiff. Trust deficit has diluted and both are vying each other hearts to increase bilateral investment and trade. Deceleration in Chinese GDP growth, with a rare hope in reverting to high growth paradise in the near term, caused a paranoia among the foreign investors, including the Chinese. Eventually, investment through M&A in China slumped. The steep downfall led China less attractive than India. In 2018, investment in India through M&A was US$ 93.7 billion, which was three times more than in China, amounting to US$ 32.8 billion. The volta-face of China towards India, affected by dilution in trust deficit during the ongoing trade war, was unveiled by its praise over India’s potential as an important destination for investment. According to Mr. Zjao Gancheng, Director of Centre for Asia Pacific Studies at Shanghai Institute of International Studies “India has a wealth of experiences in utilising international capital. There is no doubt it has become more attractive to foreign investors”. As of the end of 2017, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce recorded Chinese investment in India more than US $ 8 billion. Start-ups, infrastructure, and electronic manufacturing have become the key areas for Chinese investment. Nearly US $2.5 billion was committed for investment in Start-up business in between 2015 and 2016. The major investments were Beijing Mitene Communication Technology investment of US $ 900 million in Media.net and Alibaba investment of US$680 million in Paytem and US$ 500 million in Snapdeal. Chinese brand cellular phones, manufactured in India, account for over 51 per cent of the smartphones sales in India. Large penetration of Chinese top brands of smartphones, like Xiaomi, Oppo, One-plus, Gionee, Vivo, Huawei are posing challenges to Koreans and Japanese brands. The Deloitte survey, Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index (GMCI), 2016, forecasted India to outbid China in low-cost manufacturing competitiveness in the next five years. According to the survey, while China will lose the powerhouse of low-cost manufacturing competitiveness, the Mighty Five – the five Asia Pacific nations, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam – will emerge the choice for low-cost manufacturing in place of China. India will be the frontrunner with four countries chasing behind, the survey said. (The views expressed are strictly personal)last_img read more

Read more

2012BaylorBig 1234-0127.31Champion 1995ConnecticutBig East29-0135.11Champion Check out FiveThirtyEight’s March Madness predictions. 1993VermontAmerica East28-01818.081st round 1997ConnecticutBig East30-0127.21Elite 8 YEARTEAMCONFERENCERECORDAP RANKAVG PT DIFF.SEEDRESULT 2010ConnecticutBig East33-0134.81Champion Last year, the women’s college basketball season culminated with a final between two undefeated teams. This year, the tournament will have at least one undefeated team: Princeton, which finished its regular season 30-0 with a 55-42 win over Penn on Tuesday.Most of the prior 14 teams to enter the tournament undefeated had far better pedigrees. Ten were ranked No. 1 entering the tournament, and eight left the tournament as undefeated champions. The only reason last year’s Notre Dame team didn’t enter the tournament as No. 1 or exit it as undefeated champ was that it faced another undefeated team in the final: UConn.Unlike UConn and Notre Dame last season, which were the clear top-two teams entering the tournament, Princeton won’t even be favored to advance from its region. None of its wins came against teams now ranked in the Top 25. Its conference schedule was a breeze: Penn was the only other Ivy League team with a winning conference record, and just Cornell joined Princeton and Penn with a winning overall record.Princeton’s nonconference schedule wasn’t all that hard, either. After Tuesday’s regular-season finale, senior guard Blake Dietrick said she started thinking 30-0 was possible when the Tigers beat Michigan by 30 in Ann Arbor. Dietrick called the December game “a monumental win for us against a nonconference team.” But Michigan finished 16-14, with a losing record in the Big Ten. Princeton is ranked 13th in the country, behind five teams with five or more losses.Princeton is more similar historically to three undefeated teams in the 1990s that were seeded No. 8 or worse and lost in the first round: Vermont in 1992 and 1993, and 1998 Liberty, which was knocked out by fellow undefeated team Tennessee. But Princeton will probably do better than those three teams did — it likely will be ranked higher in the final pre-tournament AP poll, and it has a greater margin of victory.Finishing in first isn’t the highest-priority goal for Princeton, which mainly wants to become the first Ivy League team since Harvard to win a game in the tournament. “That is No. 1 on our list right now, second is finishing my thesis,” Dietrick said. “It’s the thing I want to do most in the world, most in my life.”Below is each undefeated women team’s record, ranking and seed entering the NCAA tournament, along with how it finished, courtesy of ESPN Stats & Info: 1998LibertyBig South28-0—18.3161st round 2014Notre DameACC32-0225.61Finalist 2015PrincetonIvy30-013*24.9—— 2009ConnecticutBig East33-0131.51Champion 1992VermontAmerica East29-02521.991st round 2002ConnecticutBig East33-0137.01Champion 1998TennesseeSEC33-0131.11Champion 1986TexasSouthwest29-0127.41Champion 2014ConnecticutAmerican Ath.34-0135.71Champion 1990Louisiana TechAmerican So.29-0135.21Final Four read more

Read more

Senior Kevin Metka prepares for a forehand hit during a match against South Florida on Feb. 8 in Columbus. OSU won, 4-0.Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editorAs his team gets set to defend its ITA Indoor National Indoor Championship title this weekend, Ohio State men’s tennis coach Ty Tucker said his players plan to show the other schools the discipline and mental toughness it takes to play like a Buckeye.“You’re at Ohio State, they expect to win matches,” Tucker said. “You’re at a major place … It’s a major athletic department. You want to win to be able to hold your head up high.”Going in as the defending champs might give the Buckeyes a slight advantage but they are dealing with a different lineup this time around,” redshirt-senior Kevin Metka said.“This year we have a little less experience in some positions … So everyone’s got to focus on all the courts to get the job done,” Metka said.Metka said he believes it will be just as hard, if not harder than last year for the Buckeyes to take home the tournament title. OSU is heading to Chicago as the No. 8 seed and is set to kick off the tournament Friday against No. 9 Texas. The winner will then play the winner a match between No. 1 University of Southern California and No. 16 Penn State on Saturday.Metka said the Buckeyes have to take the tournament one match at a time in order to earn a repeat of last season’s triumph.“I’d say mostly just getting through that first match and then hopefully getting a shot at USC,” he said. “That would be the next match but we’re trying not to look at it … We just want to take care of business in that first match.”One of the most important things for the Buckeyes is to get off to a fast start in these matches and capture the doubles point, Tucker said.“If we get the doubles point, we’re a tough team to beat,” he said.With doubles only being one set, Tucker said the Buckeyes won’t have a chance to have a bad game or be moody and get off to a slow start.Defending their first and only Indoor Championship isn’t something Tucker puts too much emphasis on, though, he said.“Tennis courts (are) the same size everywhere we go, whether we’re at the nationals, whether we’re at Iowa,” Tucker said.Although the court is the same size, Metka said it is not the same feel.“The courts, it may not look like it but there’s actually some big difference in where you play,” he said. “Ball bounces a little but it can really throw off your strokes.”For that reason, the Buckeyes left Columbus on Wednesday to get an extra day of practice on Thursday.OSU is coming off its 200th consecutive home win, a record Tucker is happy to leave in the rearview mirror.“It’s nice not having to answer questions about the streak … The guys can just concentrate on tennis,” Tucker said. read more

Read more

first_img #Metoo-movement-type complaint, now investigation of high-ranking TCI Police Officer opened Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, December 29, 2017 – Grand Turk – British support and intervention in the aftermath of Hurricanes Irma and Maria is being cited as a ‘game changing’ factor at Her Majesty’s Prison.   One observer of conditions at the facility noted overall improvements despite some prickly times between the UK prison officers, inmates and TCI prison guards.It is explained to #MagneticMedia that “the presence of the new UK prison officers working at the prison in recent months is working.”It is also shared that, “for the first time in nearly two decades… the prison population has reached its lowest count to only about 85 inmates in total including the six or seven female prisoners.  Normally at Christmas and the New years the prison is over crowded…”Hurricane Irma on September 7, 2017 ripped up the facility including a roof.  Severe damage was confirmed.   Inmates had escaped briefly during the storm and chaos erupted, forcing Police Tactical Unit officers to be called in with firm, even frightening orders –  reportedly to have come from the Governor.The addition of 20 UK prison officers in October evoked a mix of apprehension and confidence.  The troop from the United Kingdom conducted trainings and bolstered manpower at HMP.   Our source shares that “early next month, joining the prison staff will be up to seven Jamaican prison officers for 2-3 years and some permanent UK officers.”The #HMPrison, like other Government-run sites around the country is still damaged with no rebuilding work yet started since the catastrophic storms of September. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp TCI: Man safe now, says he was trapped after lightning hit truck and it burst into flames T&T companies tap into Cuban market at Expo Caribe 2019 Related Items:#HMPrison, magneticmedia Recommended for youlast_img read more

Read more

first_img 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI)- Bike to Work Day is in May and as an effort to reduce traffic congestion and greenhouse gas emission and this year SANDAG is hoping to get more people involved than ever.KUSI’s Ginger Jeffries has more on the story. KUSI Newsroom March 14, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, SANDAG pushing for record-breaking participation in Bike to Work Daycenter_img Updated: 11:07 AM Posted: March 14, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Read more