To follow up on an old story, a satellite photo of the so-called “Ararat Anomaly” has been released (see 08/23/2001 entry). The photo taken by the Quickbird 2 satellite shows what is most likely a rock ridge. Some hunters for Noah’s Ark were eager to see high-resolution photos of this area; others thought whatever it is, it is in the wrong place. See World Net Daily and Live Science for the picture.This is probably nothing but a rock ridge. The most serious ark researchers deny this object has anything to do with the ark. It will take extraordinary proof to find Noah’s Ark, even if it could have survived at all. Still, let the search continue. Better to know than to speculate endlessly. Publicity and confirmation are not one and the same. SETI and astrobiology people need to remember that, too.(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Bundesliga foursome target Man City winger Rabbi Matondoby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City winger Rabbi Matondo is attracting big money interest from Germany.The Sun says Matondo is a shock £10million target for Bundesliga clubs.German sides are on red alert and watching Matondo’s contract situation closely.Scouts from Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Monchengladbach, Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig were all in attendance to scout the flying winger in the UEFA youth clash against Hoffenhiem and were impressed again.The 18-year-old, given his first cap by Ryan Giggs last month, has 18 months left on his current deal.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Agent: Man Utd have advantage in Koulibaly battleby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveThe agent of Kalidou Koulibaly admits the Napoli defender has been a long-term target for Manchester United.United have been linked with a €100m bid for the Senegal international.Agent Bruno Satin said, “When I took Kalidou to Napoli, Manchester United had already contacted me to inquire about the boy. “He’s one of the best defenders in the world and he has the perfect profile for English football. “United has never stopped following him and maybe they have an advantage over others … we’ll see what happens.”
Van der Sar warns Man Utd: Stars won’t join on past gloriesby Paul Vegas15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveEdwin van der Sar has warned Manchester United will not able to recruit players on reputation alone.The Red Devils have not won the Premier League in six year and their current position of 12th on the Premier League table suggests that drought will not end soon.United are still considered one of the biggest clubs in world football, but former goalkeeper van der Sar says the biggest starts want to join winning teams.”Of course, the name is there. And of course the following they have all over the world,” van der Sar told ESPN.”But for a player […] you want to play at a certain level, you also want to have an idea that you can win trophies and they must take that opportunity also to improve the squad and make the world-class players they have, or the players that they’re going to sign, that they feel welcome and that there’s a good path to where they’re going to go to.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Andrew Vorhees, a four-star offensive tackle from Kingsburg, California, provided some great news for USC Friday night. Vorhees, a 6-foot-6, 290-pound player for the class of 2017, announced his commitment to the Trojans on Twitter. Vorhees chose USC over nearly every other Pac-12 school, including Oregon and UCLA.Vorhees is USC’s eighth commitment for the 2017 class, according to 247 Sports.I’m committed! #FightOn pic.twitter.com/LrbtMy7OFg— Andrew Vorhees (@AndrewVorhees55) June 10, 2016Vorhees is ranked as the 37th-best player in the state of California.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Fort St. John City Council has approved two contracts to help start the construction of the new RCMP detachment in the city.At Monday’s Council meeting, a staff report was presented recommending a contract be awarded to KMBR Architects of Vancouver for $1,113,300 plus GST and a second contract to Unitech Construction Management Limited for $1,690,600 plus GST.According to the report submitted by General Manager of Community Services, Wally Ferris “Awarding these contracts puts together the core team of the Integrated Project Delivery team.” The cost of building a new RCMP Detachment could go as high as $43 million. The City hopes to fund the new facility through annual lease payments on 40% of the full capital cost from the Province and through grants with the Federal Government.The City will also use funds from the Peace River Agreement and internal reserves to fund the construction if the project moves forward.
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Friday lashed out at AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal over his controversial tweet that depicted his party symbol, a broom chasing a “Hindu swastika”, saying it is a violation of the model code of conduct and aims at disrupting communal harmony. “The Aam Aadmi Party should be invalidated and strict action should be taken against it for attempts to incite communal tension,” BJP leader Vijender Gupta said.The tweet, posted late night on March 20, triggered an uproar on the social media, with the Twitterati slamming the Delhi chief minister for his post, prompting the ruling party to come out with a clarification saying it was not ‘Swastik’ but the Nazi symbol that the AAP leader had tweeted. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder”It is not only an objectionable tweet aimed at disrupting the communal harmony but also a violation of the model code of conduct. What is the kind of message he (Kejriwal) wants to send out? We demand that their party is invalidated and strict action taken against them for attempts to incite communal tension,” Gupta told reporters. The Delhi BJP on Tuesday alleged that the AAP was trying to incite communal tensions by “politicising the cow” and said it would lodge a complaint with the Election Commission. The BJP’s reaction had come on a tweet by AAP Lok Sabha poll candidate Raghav Chadha in which he wrote “door to door campaigning by BJP” and posted a photo of a cow and a calf standing at the doorstep of a house.
A manifesto is a 5 year vision for political parties and the road map for social and economic goals. When a vision suddenly misses its significant presence in the manifesto, after it was prominently inked in earlier case, it suggests that it loses its sheen to achieve the goal. In the 2014 BJP manifesto, FDI was heightened as the backbone for Make in India. A separate chapter on Foreign Investment was included. In 2019 manifesto, a feather touch was made on foreign investment. To this end, missing FDI significance in 2019 manifesto raised eyebrows of many. In 2014 manifesto, it chanted “FDI will be allowed wherever needed for job and asset creation…We should not remain a market for global industry. Rather, we should become a Global Manufacturing hub”. Also Read – A special kind of bondDuring BJP’s ruling, India received a gushing flow of cash from foreign investors. Not only this, there was a great leap in quality FDI flow. During 2017-18, more than one-fourth of FDI was flowed in computer software/ hardware and telecommunication, compared to one-sixth share in 2014-15. Given this paradigm shift in FDI, India made a dynamic shift in modern equipment manufacturing and development of services. Indeed, FDI contributed a lot in upgrading India’s manufacturing level to modern manufacturing. Today, more than 50 per cent of cellular mobile phones are manufactured in the country, against none in 2014 after Nokia shut down its shop in Chennai Also Read – Insider threat managementDuring the first four years of BJP government, its pro-foreign investment policy stoked FDI in the country. It spurred by over 45 per cent during the four years period – from US$ 31 billion in 2014-15 to US$45 billion in 2017-18. Besides gushing flow, FDI perked up India’s modern manufacturing level akin to Global Value Chain manufacturing. During 2016-17 and 2017-18, more than one-fourth of FDI flowed in computer software and hardware and telecommunications, such as manufacturing cellular mobile phones and communication equipment. One of the major roles of FDI for an emerging economy is balancing the trade deficit, particularly when the nation is swamped by heavy import of crude oil. India is hamstrung by widening trade deficit, mainly due to large dependence on crude oil. In addition to this, with Modi led BJP vowing for fast growth in digitisation, demand for electronics sky-rocketed. Eventually, it triggered imports of electronic items, given the lackluster development in the country. Electronic imports are the second biggest component in India’s total imports, after crude oil. China is the biggest supplier of electronic items to India, and hence, the major cause of widening trade deficit. In 2017-18, India’s trade deficit with China was highest. It accounted for 38 per cent of India’s total trade deficit. The main cause for this was oversupply of electronic items by China. Over 57 per cent of India’s total imports of electronic items came from China. Given this situation, the counter measure to reduce the trade deficit suggests that more and more Chinese investment should be lured in India, instead of anti-dumping measures. China is seen not a foe, but an opportunity after the US-China trade tiff. Trust deficit has diluted and both are vying each other hearts to increase bilateral investment and trade. Deceleration in Chinese GDP growth, with a rare hope in reverting to high growth paradise in the near term, caused a paranoia among the foreign investors, including the Chinese. Eventually, investment through M&A in China slumped. The steep downfall led China less attractive than India. In 2018, investment in India through M&A was US$ 93.7 billion, which was three times more than in China, amounting to US$ 32.8 billion. The volta-face of China towards India, affected by dilution in trust deficit during the ongoing trade war, was unveiled by its praise over India’s potential as an important destination for investment. According to Mr. Zjao Gancheng, Director of Centre for Asia Pacific Studies at Shanghai Institute of International Studies “India has a wealth of experiences in utilising international capital. There is no doubt it has become more attractive to foreign investors”. As of the end of 2017, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce recorded Chinese investment in India more than US $ 8 billion. Start-ups, infrastructure, and electronic manufacturing have become the key areas for Chinese investment. Nearly US $2.5 billion was committed for investment in Start-up business in between 2015 and 2016. The major investments were Beijing Mitene Communication Technology investment of US $ 900 million in Media.net and Alibaba investment of US$680 million in Paytem and US$ 500 million in Snapdeal. Chinese brand cellular phones, manufactured in India, account for over 51 per cent of the smartphones sales in India. Large penetration of Chinese top brands of smartphones, like Xiaomi, Oppo, One-plus, Gionee, Vivo, Huawei are posing challenges to Koreans and Japanese brands. The Deloitte survey, Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index (GMCI), 2016, forecasted India to outbid China in low-cost manufacturing competitiveness in the next five years. According to the survey, while China will lose the powerhouse of low-cost manufacturing competitiveness, the Mighty Five – the five Asia Pacific nations, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam – will emerge the choice for low-cost manufacturing in place of China. India will be the frontrunner with four countries chasing behind, the survey said. (The views expressed are strictly personal)
Liberia’s ex-warlord Charles Taylor was on Tuesday transferred from The Hague to a British prison to serve his 50-year sentence for war crimes, the Special Court for Sierra Leone said.“Charles Ghankay Taylor… was transferred today from the Netherlands and the custody of the Special Court to the United Kingdom, where he will serve the remainder of his 50-year sentence for war crimes and crimes against humanity,” the court’s Freetown office said in a statement.
A 151-room hotel with restaurants, bar and lounge, infinity pool, spa and convention center is the latest tourism development planned for the Pacific province of Guanacaste. It’s a project of Desarrollos Hoteleros Guanacaste, a subsidiary of local corporation Florida Ice and Farm (FIFCO).The group announced this week that the new W hotel complex Reserva Conchal Costa Rica has a projected opening date for the second quarter of 2019. The project will be operated by the U.S. company Starwood Hotels & Resorts, FIFCO reported in a press release.The resort will be located in Cabo Velas, Santa Cruz, some 45 minutes from the Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia.The project includes the construction of a desalination plant to supply the new hotel with fresh water.Businesses and residents in Guanacaste have faced drought conditions in recent years, causing losses in the agriculture and livestock industry.Despite water supply problems, the tourism industry in Guanacaste has seen a boom. FIFCO currently owns another hotel at Reserva Conchal, the Westin Golf Resort & Spa Playa Conchal, also operated by Starwood since 2011.International hotel chains plan to open a number of new hotels in the area in the coming years, including Paradisus Papagayo Bay Resort, Marriott Papagayo and the Wyndham Papagayo YU Resort. Facebook Comments Related posts:New Hilton hotel opens west of downtown San José; group also will renovate Grand Hotel Costa Rica Costa Rica’s capital wins ‘Travel Oscar’ Beach, mountain hotels report 88 percent occupancy for the holidays Construction of Discovery Costa Rica set to begin in 2018